Voice Marketing with Emily Binder podcast show image

Voice Marketing with Emily Binder

Emily Binder



Listen, download, subscribe

The 7-38-55 Rule for Better First Impressions

• 5 min

What's the most important component in making a good first impression? It's not just about saying the right words. your tone of voice and body language actually matter MUCH more. According to the 7-38-55 formula, nearly 40% of a person’s attitude is conveyed vocally through tone and inflection. The 7-38-55 Rule indicates that only 7% of all communication is done through verbal communication, the words we speak. The nonverbal components make up the other 93%: It's 38% tone of voice and 55% from the speaker's body language and facial expressions. Related: tweet about Brainfeel and TikTok audio memes. "Welcome to the era of the audio meme, when replicable units of sound are a cultural currency as strong as — if not stronger than — images and text." -Charlotte Shane, NYT Links mentioned: -Why we don't like the sound of our own voice: My conversation with bestselling author and podcast host Dr. Daniel Crosby: Emily Binder - The Future of Voice - Standard Deviations Podcast episode 113 -YouTube video: mastering breath for voice: Audrey Coyne: Opera Singer TRICKS to Have a MORE Attractive Voice. *These show notes were updated 5/16/2024. My podcast tools: Record: emilybinder.com/riversideEdit with AI: emilybinder.com/descriptGear: beetlemoment.com/gear Hire me: Speaking: emilybinder.com/speaking Coaching call: emilybinder.com/call Connect: This podcast | My website | Beetle Moment Marketing | LinkedIn | X | Instagram | TikTok | YouTube | Email updates Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

Voice Marketing with Emily Binder RSS Feed

Share: TwitterFacebook

Plink icon